ICSOC 2017 – Call for Workshops
The 15th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing to be held in Malaga (Spain) looks for proposals for high-quality workshop contributing complete the scientific program of the main conference. The workshop program seeks to provide venues for specialist groups to meet, to generate focused discussion on specific sub-areas within Service Oriented Computing and to engage in community-building activities. The workshops should provide a discussion forum for researchers in topics related to main theme of the conference, either on specific research themes or in emerging areas of research.
The workshops will be held on November 13, 2017
Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline: April 10, 2017 Workshop Acceptance Notification: May 12, 2017
Workshop Proposal Submissions
Workshop proposal shall be submitted to workshop co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following information:
- Workshop title
- Name, affiliation, postal and e-mail addresses of each (proposed) workshop chair
- A brief (1-page) CV of each (proposed) workshop chair, highlighting prior experience in organizing similar fora
- A brief description of the topic of the workshop and its relevance to the conference (not exceeding 500 words)
- Proposed duration of the workshop (full-day or half-day)
- A list of likely program committee members
- A description of the paper review and selection process (it is recommended that each paper is reviewed by 3 distinct members of the workshop program committee)
- An estimate of the number of submissions that will be attracted on the basis of workshops held in previous years or any other information.
- Plans for invited talks if any.
- A commitment as to whether or not the workshop organizers would like the post proceedings to appear in Springer together with the other workshops.
- Any further information deemed relevant, e.g., previous workshops held on similar themes.
For the accepted workshops, Workshop organizers will be responsible for the following:
- Constituting the workshop program committee
- Advertising the workshop
- Managing the paper review and selection process
- Ensuring that at least one author of each accepted paper attends to present the paper (this may require announcing regulations that stipulate this as a prerequisite for the publication of the paper in the workshop proceedings.)
- Ensuring that the workshop delivers useful scholarly ⁄ research value via active discussion / debate.
- Workshops may be held for a full day or for half a day.
- At least one author for each paper accepted to a workshop will need to register for the workshop program.
In addition, all the accepted Workshops should assume the following schedule for the main deadlines:
- Workshop Papers Submission Deadline: August 14, 2017
- Authors Notification Deadline: September 14, 2017
- Early Registration Deadline: September 24, 2017
- Camera Ready Paper & Copyright: October 1, 2017
- Workshops: November 13, 2017
Workshop papers are typically between 8 and 12 LNCS pages long. Every Workshop should manage a minimum of 5 accepted papers. Workshops not managing the minimum number of accepted papers will be suggested to join together or cancel.
ICSOC 2017 provides workshop organizers with the opportunity to publish improved versions of accepted papers as part of its dedicated post-workshop proceedings to appear in Springer’s LNCS series. The conference solicits outstanding original research and practice papers on all aspects of service-oriented computing. Papers should clearly demonstrate the research or practical contribution, the relevance to the field, and the relationship to prior work. It is likely that, as in previous years, the post-proceedings of the accepted workshops will be jointly published as a Springer volume. A formal proposal to Springer will only be made after the accepted workshops and their program committees are finalized. Workshops organizers can opt out of the volume should they wish to; a decision on this is required at workshop submission stage for planning purposes.
Working notes of the workshops (including papers to be eventually published in the joint workshop volume) can be made available during the workshops as long as they do not harm copyright constraints of the final joint ICSOC workshop proceedings.
ICSOC 2017 Workshop Chairs
- Lars Braubach. Hoschschule Bremen, Germany
- Juan Manuel Murillo, University of Extremadura, Spain
- email: email@example.com